The SSS celebrates six things that have gone well, or at least okay, in the past week. It is the creation of Terry Egan, who is all things wonderful.
- Welcome to the new year! I am just about over a migraine which hit me hard on Christmas Day, which is very nice. (Being over it is nice, to be quite clear about it: I’d rather not have had it, obviously.)
- Love Plus One is out on Monday! (See cover design at the bottom of this page.)
- Splendid Son and I went to watch Charlton Athletic on Monday (one of the few times I get out of the house, so it’s always a Big Thing for me) – and we won 4:1. The best win we’ve ever experienced for our team when we’ve been there, so it was brilliant (albeit freezing cold!)
- I submitted my latest article to Jane Austen’s Regency World magazine – I was writing about governesses and the situation women found themselves in that led to them taking such jobs.
- I’ve also been hanging around in writers’ chat rooms since the new year, which means that I’ve actually managed to get a bit of writing done. Misery loves company… or at any rate, it’s really good to have a bit of support when you’re writing. As my sister described it, it’s like a virtual writers’ retreat 🙂
- My uncle is currently staying with my parents and I saw him today, which was splendid. He’s a writer, and was my inspiration to become one myself. Long live family!