Well, it’s been a little while since I’ve posted one of these, but I think I need it, even if the world doesn’t 🙂
- One Plus One has been getting really splendid reviews online. I’m really thrilled about that.
- Also, I received my copies of the paperback yesterday, which was incredibly exciting. I made ridiculous squealing noises, though refused to let Lovely Partner take a photo of me holding them as I was naked in bed at the time!
- I probably need to accept my body as being terrible as a general thing, rather than feeling like I’m continually in a ‘bad day/week/month/year’ but I’m so grateful this week – as, to be honest, I am most weeks – by the way my extended family gather round and help support me and Splendid Son in particular. It is SS’s summer holiday, and he’s spent days with both sets of grandparents (and assorted aunt and uncles) as well as my managing to have a friend of his round this week.
- I’ve also been writing some things this week about Harry Potter. Can’t say more yet, but hopefully there may be something out in the not-too-distant future!
- I’ve chatted on the phone to loads of lovely people this week, including friends and my mum and sister. When I’m too ill to see people or can’t see the people I love, it’s a great joy to be able to keep in touch somehow.
- I bought some books recently, which I haven’t been able to do for a while. I’ve finally read a full copy of Trials at the Chalet School (very important differences to the paperback!) and am looking forward to reading The Fainting Room when I go on holiday next week. I am Virtuously holding back from reading it so that I have it as a Special Holiday Book.