The SSS celebrates six things that have gone well, or at least okay, in the past week. It is the creation of Terry Egan, who is all things wonderful.
This has been quite a difficult week for me, so forgive me if some of the six things are quite little things. But it’s even more important in the bad weeks to try and find the good, so…
- I got the first lot of edits of The Sisterhood finished and returned to my editor. With any luck, the second edits should be fairly minor, and all will be on target for publication in June.
- It looks like the cuts to disability benefits which were announced this week are going to be reconsidered after a lot of protesting, which is wonderful.
- I have been making arrangements for the Easter holidays, where I am hopefully going to be seeing various wonderful people. What’s more, they are wonderful people who also understand that my health is very poor at the moment and I know they will be supportive if I can’t do a lot.
- Splendid Son has not been having a particularly good week, either, but he has felt able to talk to me about it and I think I’ve managed to help him feel a bit better about it.
- He also informed me that lobsters can be hermaphrodites, with half of the lobster male and half female – and that the different sides can be different colours. This is immensely pleasing, and something I did not know.
- I got an unexpected bit of praise for something I wrote a few years ago, which was very nice.