The SSS celebrates six things that have gone well, or at least okay, in the past week. It is the creation of Terry Egan, who is all things wonderful.
1. My boys are back from holiday, and it’s lovely to have them back here. (I did wonder for a bit on Sunday, when I had a grumpy and over-tired Child, but he’s better now and it’s been great since then.)
2. I got more than 1000 words of the new novel, The Sisterhood, written this week. It’s not an enormous amount, but as I sometimes say to Child, it’s better than a slap in the face with a wet kipper.
3. It is beginning to be noticeable that the days are getting longer again. I much prefer longer days.
4. We had a sprinkling of snow, so we didn’t feel left out of the whole ”snow” thing, but it wasn’t enough to cause complications.
5. Although both of our cars have been doing alarming things this week (mine needs filling up with water every three seconds, and my partner’s engine keeps cutting out for no apparent reason), we have not got so stuck that we needed to call our breakdown cover. (Look, it’s been quite a tough week, I’m taking anything I can!)
6. Um… um… um… Gosh, this has really not been a good week. I have read several new-to-me books, and I have several more to read in the future. PLUS, my voice and Child’s voice have finally both recovered enough for us to continue our nightly reading together (we’re reading The House of Hades).