The SSS celebrates six things that have gone well, or at least okay, in the past week. It is the creation of Terry Egan, who is all things wonderful.
1. I have submitted my article to Jane Austen’s Regency World magazine, and agreed the next one I’m going to write for them – about mistresses.
2. My boys have been safely packed off to the airport for a good holiday (I hope!)
3. And talking of the boys, Child got his report for the Autumn term yesterday, and he’s exceeding expectations in all sorts of things (including attendance… that one, however, is about to go down as he’s off school this week).
4. My health has been fairly dire for a few months, but I’ve got a couple of referrals to specialist units so I’m hoping I’m going to get some support, and – who knows? – maybe things will get a bit better.
5. Ooh, ooh, I went to the local charity shop on Thursday and bought myself a little bit of light reading. (Um, which might translate to ’37 books’…)
6. I’m generally feeling much more cheerful than I have done for months – and it clearly shows: my partner and my Mum have commented on it independently. Apparently I’ve remembered how to smile. (Now I just need to remember how to talk – I’ve had no voice for several days, and hardly any for the last couple! However, I’ve got a week by myself so it’s not so vital, though I have to admit I talk to myself and the cats quite a lot usually!)