The SSS celebrates six things that have gone well, or at least okay, in the past week. It is the creation of Terry Egan, who is all things wonderful.
1.Two of the scarves taken by a shop in Canterbury for sale or return have sold. This is very pleasing.
2. I have been writing lots this week. None of it is meant for publication, but I’ve just been enjoying writing, which is a joy.
3. I went to see Splendid Son’s teacher on Thursday for a parents’ meeting. Apparently, he is doing very well in his work (though he needs to stop chatting when he’s supposed to be working), and is a friendly and approachable child. Which is always nice to hear 🙂
4. Ooh, our car passed its MOT first time! This never happens!
5. The weather was actually nice enough after school yesterday for Splendid Son to play at the park! It’s been a while since that’s been possible.
6. We have been having Dreadful Troubles with our DVD player for ages. Hugely frustratingly, it always jumps and skips bits or gets stuck. Splendid Son and I tend to watch quite a few DVDs – we have some similar tastes which we can enjoy, as opposed to the things he watches on TV, most of which leave me cold – so it’s been particularly annoying. However, it turns out my parents had an old DVD player that they were not using and they were happy to give to us. AND I managed to get it attached and talking to the television, which gave me a minor sense of achievement 🙂 So, I guess we’ll be watching some Dr Who later…