The SSS celebrates six things that have gone well, or at least okay, in the past week. It is the creation of Terry Egan, who is all things wonderful.
1. I’ve got through another very boring medical appointment. (I would like to make it clear that my life is not usually quite so full of medical appointments as it is at the moment.)
2. It was Friday 13th yesterday. I like Friday 13ths. I was born on one, as was my uncle before me and my grandfather before him. There is a lesser known version of the ‘seventh son of a seventh son’ mystique, called the ‘third child of Friday 13th’ so I am blessed with remarkable magical powers. (Okay, I just made that up. But still. I like Friday 13ths.)
3. Also, Child and I had great fun with make up and dressing up yesterday 🙂 He is very cool.
4. Child has a new tenor horn. We have bought him one of his own, which feels like a Very Grown Up thing to have done. But he has been good about practising, so he deserves it.
5. We have been watching our way through the BBC’s series of Merlin. I make no claims for it being Amazing Television, but I do enjoy it and we’re now onto Series 3, which I know less well than the first two, so it’s interesting.
6. The majority of the first draft of my article about Regency Mistresses is completed. And OMG, I have learned so much interesting stuff researching it!