The SSS celebrates six things that have gone well, or at least okay, in the past week. It is the creation of Terry Egan, who is all things wonderful.
1. I took some time to think about the good things which happened in 2014. Have to admit, it wasn’t the best year (understatement!) but just as the SSS helps me remember the good things in bad weeks, it was good to think about the good things in a bad year.
2. I confess to having an unkind glee about Chelsea FC losing to Tottenham Hotspur in the football the other day!
3. I currently don’t have any voice (bloody annoying, actually) but usefully my mother has taken Child out for a while so he doesn’t have to cope with a very sub-par mama all day.
4. I just need to chase down a couple of quotations and then my Jane Austen article (looking at what diagnoses some of Jane Austen’s characters might get in modern medicine) will be finished.
5. I had to cancel a holiday abroad (this isn’t the good bit) because of bad health (not the throat, my longer term battle with ME/CFIDS) but was really touched by the support I got from other people and the offers of hospitality from them. I think I just want to sleep for a week, but I do feel very lucky to have people who like me enough to want to look after me ❤
6. Child and I made pizzas from scratch yesterday, and they were TASTY.